01 Sep Finished
1 September 2016
The shifting wind that we told about yesterday stayed in the south much longer than expected, so for the past 24 hours we sailed as fast as possible in a straight line to the finish. Now as the wind shifted to the west a straight line is not possible anymore and we have still 40 nautical miles to go. We are still going fast and we hope that we will pass Hirthals in the next 2,5 hours and then jibe to finish. This will work if the wind will stay like it is now and doesn’t shift.
Anyway, it looks like we will cross the finish in the early morning. Then we have to wait and see what the other ships did and will do to find out in which place we finished.
We will spend the day sailing and if the weather and sea are not to heavy, we will put a photographer and a filmer in the dinghy to make photos and videos of the ship sailing under full sail. In the afternoon we will set sail for Göteborg.